12534 - Post-doc/Junior researcher on hydrological/hydraulic modelling
Job Opening cod. 12534
Post-doc/Junior researcher on hydrological/hydraulic modelling
(Deadline: March 3, 2024)
The CMCC Foundation is a scientific research center on climate change and its interactions with the environment, society, the world of business, and policymakers.
Our work aims to stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment, and develop strategies for the adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our Institute for Climate Resilience (ICR) is looking for a new position of Post-Doc/Junior Researcher.
Workplace location: any among CMCC offices (with preference for Caserta and Viterbo)
We expect a researcher taking active participation in framing the scientific activities leading to the development, test and application of consolidated multi-scale hydraulic and hydrological models, spanning from basin to regional and continental scale, by exploiting physically based and/or data driven approaches. The modelling efforts will contribute to answering scientific questions in the context of climate resilience related to water resources and water-driven processes.
The Post-doc/Junior researcher will be responsible of contributing to key components of Institute’s research through:
- Activities designed and conducted towards releasing new/improved models;
- Research products, including project deliverables and scientific publications.
- PhD (or equivalent working experience) in hydraulic engineering, hydrological sciences, hydro informatics or water-related environmental studies;
- Excellent knowledge of hydrological and/or hydraulic models, ranging from lumped to fully distributes schemes as well as of hydrological to river routing modules embedded within global to regional climate models;
- Good knowledge and skills in programming languages of considered models/modules (e.g., Python, R, Fortran, C++);
- good knowledge of (geo)statistics and geospatial data processing by common software and tools;
- good knowledge of procedures/metrics for model calibration and evaluation.
- fluency in English.
- experience in managing/manipulating NetCDF data (e.g., NCO, CDO, Python libraries) and other geospatial data (GIS software);
- Experience in understanding and reproducing the relationships between the hydrological cycle and ecosystems/soil processes;
- Willingness and motivation to learn;
- Teamworking and problem solving attitude;
- Accuracy in performing the tasks and efficiency in meeting deadlines, managing priorities and achieving results;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work on diverse projects and respond to emerging challenges in the topic.
DURATION, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Based on the duration of the employment contract, without prejudice to any changes in organisation and/or career paths and downstream of the performance appraisal.
- The appointment is assigned following:
- internal selection;
- external selection in the event that there are no internal candidates, or they are assessed as unsuitable.
- The appointment period will be initially of n° 12 months starting from March or April 2024, renewable for additional months pending a positive evaluation. Tenure can be granted from 2 to 4 years after being appointed as a junior researcher
- The gross annual salary range is from 24 to 28K Euros, depending on qualification and working experience.
- Welfare package
- Flexible working time
- Support during the immigration process, if needed
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
Some fiscal benefits could be applied for repatriated workers or foreign researchers/professors, having the requirements defined by Dlgs 147/2015 (for repatriates) or Dl 78/2010 (for foreigners).
CMCC is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status, and other legally protected characteristics. Please omit from your CV any data you or we might consider discriminatory.
This job announcement is an invitation to express interest in the above-mentioned CMCC Position.
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment".
We will keep your information on file for up to 1 year.