12498 - PostDoc or Junior Scientist
Job Opening cod. 12498
PostDoc or Junior Scientist
(Deadline: December 10, 2023)
The CMCC Foundation is a scientific research centre on climate change and its interactions with the environment, society, the world of business, and policymakers.
Our work aims to stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment, and develop strategies for the adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our Division of Ocean Predictions and Applications (OPA), located in Lecce, is looking for a new position of PostDoc or Junior Scientist, responsible for the development and use of the ship weather routing VISIR model, use of meteo-oceanographic information, contributions in the frame of the Horizon Europe project EDITOModelLab and the UN ocean decade programme CoastPredict, use of climate data and AI technologies for coastal applications, preparation of scientific manuscripts and competitive project proposals.
- Ph.D. in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering (if J.Scientist: also two years relevant working experience after the Ph.D.);
- Both theoretical and practical knowledge of the Python programming language;
- At least one recommendation letter (if J.Scientist: at least two letters);
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Positive interpersonal and collaborative capacity.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems and script languages;
- Knowledge of at least one versioning system;
- Notions of operation research and optimization;
- Working experience with data of maritime transport;
- Hands-on experience with artificial neural networks;
- Experience with HPC systems;
- Manipulation of NetCDF data;
- Additional programming languages.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The appointment period will be initially of 12 months starting from February 2024, renewable for 12 months additional months, pending a positive evaluation. Tenure can be granted from 2 to 4 years after being appointed as a Junior Scientist
- The gross annual salary range is from 30 to 38K Euros for the PostDoc and 35 to 45K for the Junior Scientist, depending on qualification and working experience.
- Welfare package
- Flexible working time
- Support during the immigration process, if needed
WE ARE CMCC:
- An international foundation active on current issues;
- To get in touch with a participative and motivated team, always ready for dialogue and confrontation;
- A meritocratic structure, open to the new and different;
- Being embedded in a career path based on performance and achieved results;
- Flat hierarchy with gender equality sensibility;
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, and complementary skills development.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
Some fiscal benefits could be applied for repatriated workers or foreign researchers/professors, having the requirements defined by Dlgs 147/2015 (for repatriates) or Dl 78/2010 (for foreigners).
CMCC is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status, and other legally protected characteristics. Please omit from your CV any data you or we might consider discriminatory.
This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest in the above-mentioned CMCC Position.
(Deadline: December 10, 2023)
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment".
We will keep your information on file for up to 1 year.