12501 - Project and Policy Specialist
Job Opening cod. 12501
Project and Policy Specialist
(Deadline: December 8, 2023)
The CMCC Foundation is a scientific research center on climate change and its interactions with the environment, society, the world of business, and policymakers.
Our work aims to stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop strategies for the adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our Information Systems for Climate Science and Decision-Making (ISCD) Division, located in Milan, is seeking a self-starting mid-career Project and Policy Specialist with strong communication and organizational skills with 4-5 years of experience in EU-funded project management. The post holder should have knowledge of EU policies related to Climate Change, and sustainability (e.g., Green Deal, 2050 targets and related policies). The post holder will play a key role in EU-funded projects coordination, including implementing outreach activities and stakeholder engagement, such as: organizing and facilitating both internal and external meetings and workshops; disseminating information to partners and other networks through different communication channels; drafting/initiating processes for articles, newsletters and reports for the EU projects.
The post holder will also Monitor the EU agenda for relevant information (political developments, new legislations, calls for consultation, events, etc.); and contribute to other ISCD activities as necessary.
- An advanced university degree (e.g., master's) in social sciences, sociology, development, socio-economy economics, environmental economics, environmental sciences, environmental policy, climate policy, public policy or a related field. PhD is an advantage but not required.
- Strong skills in project management in research, policy, or a comparable sector with experience in coordinating partners from different institutions, countries and constituencies.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English with the ability to adapt messages to reach different target audiences.
- Team player who can work in a fast-paced environment independently, efficiently working on multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel when required.
- Strong problem-solving attitude.
- Attention to details.
- High motivation to learn.
- Good in time and priority management.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The appointment period will be initially of 12 months starting from January 2024, renewable pending a positive evaluation.
- The gross annual salary range is from 30 to 35K Euros, based on the qualification and working experience of the candidate.
- Welfare package (for min 12 months contract).
- Support during the immigration process, if needed.
WE ARE CMCC:
- An international foundation active on current issues;
- To get in touch with a participative and motivated team, always ready for dialogue and confrontation;
- A meritocratic structure, open to the new and different;
- Being embedded in a career path based on performance and achieved results;
- Flat hierarchy with gender equality sensibility;
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, and complementary skills development.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
Some fiscal benefits could be applied for repatriated workers or foreign researchers/professors, having the requirements defined by D.lgs 147/2015 (for repatriates) or Dl 78/2010 (for foreigners).
CMCC is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status, and other legally protected characteristics. Please omit from your CV any data you or we might consider discriminatory.
This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest in the above-mentioned CMCC Position.
(Deadline: December 8, 2023)
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment".
We will keep your information on file for up to 1 year.