12482 - Climate finance policy expert_ISCD_Milano
Job Opening cod.12482
Climate finance policy expert_ISCD_Milano
(Deadline: December 15, 2023)
The CMCC Foundation is a scientific research center on climate change and its interactions with the environment, society, the world of business, and policymakers.
Our work aims to stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop strategies for the adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The CMCC Division of Information Systems for Climate Science and Decision-Making (ISCD), located in Milan, is looking for a researcher to work on the defining issue of climate finance policy. The successful candidate will contribute to activities within ongoing international projects of which the ISCD Division is a partner.
For this position, we welcome applications from researchers working on climate finance policies. The candidate will join an international and interdisciplinary team and work on exploring, understanding and reporting on the global climate resilience and green growth financing landscape, as well as on accelerating the mobilisation of financing & investment entities to help bridge the adaptation finance gap.
Specifically, the post holder will be tasked with (but not only):
- The development of an innovative methodology for prioritising funding sources and investment opportunities for climate resilience within adaptation strategies and projects.
- The development of training material on climate resilience funding and investment concepts.
- The development of a conceptual framework for the analysis of adaptation investment needs.
- The production/contribution of scientific articles and science-policy reports and their dissemination at scientific workshops and conferences.
- PhD in Environmental Economics, Ecological Economics, Business Analysis, Environmental Science (or similar subjects) with a solid knowledge of climate finance policies.
- Proven experience in European and international research projects focusing on climate finance.
- Knowledge and experience in environmental and ecological economics, sustainable business innovation, climate insurance, green finance and related topics.
- Fluency in English in both writing and speaking; proficiency in any additional language is an asset.
- Willingness to travel to project meetings and conferences;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and diverse environment committed to high-quality research.
- Quantitative Skills and programming are a plus.
- Working experience with international financing institutions.
- Strong problem-solving attitude.
- Attention to detail and good time management skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The appointment period will be initially of 12 months starting from January 2024, with the possibility of contract extension based on performance, results achieved and new project opportunities.
- The gross salary will be based on qualification and working experience and competitive with major research centres in Europe.
- Welfare package (for min 12 months contract)
- Flexible working time
- Support during the immigration process, if needed.
WE ARE CMCC:
- An international foundation active on current issues;
- To get in touch with a participative and motivated team, always ready for dialogue and confrontation;
- A meritocratic structure, open to the new and different;
- Being embedded in a career path based on performance and achieved results;
- Flat hierarchy with gender equality sensibility;
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, and complementary skills development.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
Some fiscal benefits could be applied for repatriated workers or foreign researchers/professors, having the requirements defined by Dlgs 147/2015 (for repatriates) or Dl 78/2010 (for foreigners).
CMCC is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status, and other legally protected characteristics. Please omit from your CV any data you or we might consider discriminatory.
This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest in the above-mentioned CMCC Position.
(Deadline: December 15, 2023)
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment".
We will keep your information on file for up to 1 year.