12480 - Applied General Equilibrium Modeller – Venice
Job Opening cod. 12480
Applied General Equilibrium Modeller – Venice
(Deadline: 29 February 2023)
The CMCC Foundation is a scientific research center on climate change and its interactions with the environment, society, the world of business, and policymakers.
Our work aims to stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop strategies for the adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our Division of Economic analysis of Climate Impacts and Policy (ECIP), located in Venice, is looking for a new position of Applied General Equilibrium Modeller. The successful candidate will be involved in the ongoing international/European research projects to support the CGE modelling team in conducting its core research activity related to the economic assessment of climate change impacts and policies.
- Ph.D. in economics;
- Expertise with computable general equilibrium modelling, acquaintance with trade solutions “beyond Armington”, model coupling, and familiarity with the GEMPACK or GAMS software. Although these requisites are highly recommended, candidates with proven experience in conducting applied economic research using modelling approaches and solid international macroeconomic background can be examined;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language;
- Experience and attitude towards interdisciplinary team working;
- Good communication skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The appointment period will be initially of n° 12 starting from December 2023/January2024, renewable for n° 12-24 months additional months pending a positive evaluation. Tenure can be granted from 2 to 4 years after being appointed as a junior researcher
- The gross annual salary range is from 35.000 to 50.000 Euros, depending on qualification and working experience.
- Welfare package
- Flexible working time
- Support during the immigration process, if needed
WE ARE CMCC:
- An international foundation active on current issues;
- To get in touch with a participative and motivated team, always ready for dialogue and confrontation;
- A meritocratic structure, open to the new and different;
- Being embedded in a career path based on performance and achieved results;
- Flat hierarchy with gender equality sensibility;
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, and complementary skills development.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
Some fiscal benefits could be applied for repatriated workers or foreign researchers/professors, having the requirements defined by Dlgs 147/2015 (for repatriates) or Dl 78/2010 (for foreigners).
CMCC is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status, and other legally protected characteristics. Please omit from your CV any data you or we might consider discriminatory.
This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest in the above-mentioned CMCC Position.
(Deadline: 29 February 2023)
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment".
We will keep your information on file for up to 1 year.