12506 - Extending Early Warning Systems to the sub-seasonal time horizon
Job Opening cod. 12506
Extending Early Warning Systems to the sub-seasonal time horizon
(Deadline: December 15, 2024)
The CMCC Foundation is a scientific research center on climate change and its interactions with the environment, society, the world of business, and policymakers.
Our work aims to stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop strategies for the adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our Division of Climate Simulations and Predictions (CSP) located in Bologna, is looking for a new position of postdoc to support activities of sub-seasonal to seasonal forecast, mainly focusing on the MedEWSa EU project: a particular focus will be on the interaction with project partners (e.g. the Centro Previsioni e Segnalazioni Maree del Comune di Venezia) for the extension of the existent sea level Early Warning Systems to the sub-seasonal time horizon.
- a PhD in scientific disciplines, possibly related to climate dynamics.
- proven experience in numerical modelling and/or climate data handling.
- very good knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems and skills in programming language (i.e. Python and Fortran)
- very good knowledge of the English language
- excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- teamworking attitude and ability to work independently
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The appointment period will be initially of n°24 months starting from February 2024, renewable pending a positive evaluation. Tenure can be granted from 2 to 4 years after being appointed as a junior researcher;
- The gross annual salary range is from 35 to 42K Euros, depending on qualification and working experience;
- Welfare package;
- Flexible working time;
- Support during the immigration process, if needed.
WE ARE CMCC:
- An international foundation active on current issues;
- To get in touch with a participative and motivated team, always ready for dialogue and confrontation;
- A meritocratic structure, open to the new and different;
- Being embedded in a career path based on performance and achieved results;
- Flat hierarchy with gender equality sensibility;
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, and complementary skills development.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
Some fiscal benefits could be applied for repatriated workers or foreign researchers/professors, having the requirements defined by Dlgs 147/2015 (for repatriates) or Dl 78/2010 (for foreigners).
CMCC is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status, and other legally protected characteristics. Please omit from your CV any data you or we might consider discriminatory.
This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest in the above-mentioned CMCC Position.
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment".
We will keep your information on file for up to 1 year.